Monday 21 March 2011

Makeup Course Week 8

OK so as you may know I have been AWOL looking after my mum as she has been in hospital for an operation and is still not fully recovered.

However she is a lot better and so I am happy to resume writing again, YAY! I have missed posting on here, I felt like someone took away my toys and put me in the naughty corner to be exact!

So college wise I have 2 weeks to catch you up on, starting of course with week 8

so week 8 we looked at editorial story boards (read fashion features) and how the makeup needs to reflect the style of the shoot, we talked about how important it is to work in a team with stylists, editors and photographers to get a feel for what the shoot may involve. We were paired up and given a feature to work with, we had to asses the mood, location, style, focus, and give an opinion of what we though of it, if we liked it why? what do you like? What don't you like etc. All of this is so that we can form valid opinions, like art fashion and makeup are very subjective.

In the afternoon we were given a brief and several tear sheets (images) for ideas, the theme was colour blocking and we got to do 3 lip looks one fuchsia one orange and another that was top lip bright pink and bottom lip orange! I also got to do some bright yellow colour blocked eyes as I have an extra 15 minutes to spare colour blocking this season is massive and is all over the pages of magazines and catwalks, in both clothes and makeup



What do you think? I personally enjoy this funky twist and guess what...Its dead easy to do!

Lisa
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Hope your mum heals up quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to have you back missy! I joined Twitter! I will follow you now. I got that Stylist magazine last week, loved the front cover. Glad to hear Mumma Pea is on the mend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Enigma!

    Stacey! whats your twitter name? I haven't seen you on there yet! Cant wait to have you on twitter, my makeup buddy!

    Lisa
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...